He shall choose our inheritance for us, the excellency of Jacob whom he loved. Selah.” (Psalm 47:4 KJV)
By choice, my relationship (not transaction) with God can be likened to that of a captive market for me. I’m constrained to purchase eternal goods and services from only one Supplier for just two reasons – the Seller owns the buyer and the benefits of the goods and services are unparallel.
All the choices I made in the flesh led me in the wrong direction of destiny. My choice of career left me unfulfilled despite visible pecuniary benefits. Some choices in relationships resulted in hurts, losses and false accusations. All my most dominant choices made me a slave to the flesh which only compensates with corruption.
Howbeit, I thank God that rescued me on time by helping me to take a deliberate decision to align with Him which subsequently captivated and empowered my active choices in the right direction.
It would interest you to know the underlying principles that influenced my captive choice to wholly follow God. They are as follows:
1. God’s love for me remains unfathomable. He sacrificed His ONLY Son for my redemption. So, if He didn’t spare His Son, how shall He not together with His Son and His Spirit guide my choices into a glorious destiny?
2. He chose me even before I was formed in the womb. What a joy to know that I belong to a chosen generation of saints in light.
3. It is God that made me. Therefore, I’m a sheep of His pasture. He leads and I follow because He knows the right way to verdant and luxuriant pastures.
4. I have a clear understanding that my life doesn’t belong to me. It belongs absolutely to God. Therefore, I allow Him to make my choices because my choices impact on my destiny and that of my family and the various communities I’m privileged to influence.
5. His thoughts toward me are thoughts of good and not of evil. His expectations of me are all goodly and glorious.
6. It’s better and safer for me to trust God’s judgement than to be wise in my own eyes. Choosing to trust and acknowledge Him in all my ways will secure His leadership to greatness.
7. Because I’m still in this body with its frailties, it would be in my best interest to submit to the will of God.
8. Only God’s captives enjoy His very generous gifts. Paul said in his epistle to the Ephesians, “…, When he ascended up on high, he led captivity captive, and gave gifts unto men.”
Someone may ask, “How do I make God’s choice my captive choice?” Here’s the answer.
1. Identify with the vicarious death and resurrection of Christ by being born again. (Gal.2:20)
2. Declare your total dependence on God. Jesus said, “I can of mine own self do nothing: as I hear, I judge: and my judgment is just; because I seek not mine own will, but the will of the Father which hath sent me.” (John 5:30)
3. Be guided always by the Holy Scriptures. Therein you shall find the knowledge of wisdom. (2 Tim.3:15)
The excellency of your destiny is obviously your choice. Let God’s choice captivate you today and always.
To your captive choice to excel,